Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Look Young For My Age


You know how at Brookstone and Sharper Image and super trendy places like that have the massage chairs that you can try out?  Those chairs usually have a sign in front of them that say you are only allowed to sit in them if you are 18 or older.  When I was about 24, I sat in one of those chairs...and got carded!  The 17 year old boy behind the counter actually asked to see my I.D.  That's pretty much the story of my life.  I'm 35 but I look 25.  Most people would say that's a great thing and usually, it is.  Fast forward to today. 
I've been feeling better in the past week or two due to the Zoloft.  Less panic, less fear and less meltdowns.  Because of that, I decided to leave the house and get a haircut.  My hair was ridiculously long.  It almost touched my butt and was becoming unmanageable.  When I sat down in the chair, the stylist said I had great hair and I could do almost whatever I wanted to it.  I told her I didn't really care and I gave her full reign to do what she thought would look good and be easily maintained.  She clapped her hands together and looked all gleeful.  She said "I'm going to make you look like a celebrity!  You have great hair!  I'm so excited! We'll do layers and bangs and this and that and..."  So, in my head, I've prematurely pictured something like this...
I'm not sure why because I'm barely 5"1 and I've never had blond hair in my life.  My eyes are green, not blue and I'm pretty sure I've never been able to pull off the "sultry" look.  Regardless, I closed my eyes and let the Great Clips girls work her magic.  After about 30 minutes or so, she's blow drying and I'm excited so I open my eyes.  Instead of the sultry, windblown tall person look I was hoping for, I got this.
*Sigh*-So, for the next 6 months I am stuck with my Blossom haircut and the awesome experience of the "in between stages" of bangs.  Oh well, at least I'm still tall...oh, wait.  Well, at least I'm still sultry...yeah.  Yeah?  Well at least I LOOK YOUNG FOR MY AGE!

3 comments:

  1. Poor thing. Bad Haircuts (or even haircuts that you weren't expecting) can be so traumatic-I feel for you. In the interests of making you feel better I am going to tell you about the time I let my friend (who was a recent beauty school graduate) cut my bangs. Long story short she cut them half way up my forhead giving the appearance that I was the female version of Moe from the three stooges. I wore headbands for months and even slept with them on so my husband could not witness my utter humilation!
    I hope you feel better lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah, most people think looking young for your age is a good thing...it can get annoying though! As a sub, a lot of other staff often wonder but never question my age because I look to be about 18 according to some of them. Hard to be taken seriously at that age!

    Come back to us with hair updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the "I look young for my age" problem, too. I don't even break the 5' mark. -sigh-

    As for the hair cut, if you want a quality hair I would suggest you don't go to a chain salon like great clips and such. =)

    ReplyDelete