Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 1: On the Road Home from Crazytownland

Day 1 was actually yesterday.  I made a conscious decision to start taking a pill-a-day and become a member of the Prozac nation.  My Prozac of choice is evidently Zoloft according to my new Primary Care Physician who has me pegged as an addict of some kind on the first visit.  I can't be too angry about that though, it's a case of "guilty by association" as he is also the long time physician of my boyfriend who is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict.  So, all that having been unnecessarily said, I intend to use this blog as a personal journal to track whether or not Zoloft is working for me, how crazy I am today and if my crazy is getting less noticeable as time moves forward.  I decided to make it a blog in case someone stumbles on it by accident and has something to say about what I'm doing, how I'm doing it or how I can do it better.

Down to the nitty gritty:
I took a half pill (25mg) yesterday 9/15 at about 9am.  As expected, no real change in how I feel but I did have a few vicious bout with some gastrointestinal "issues".  I will say that I did experience a couple of mild panic attacks but felt pretty decent throughout the work day.  However, at 10pm, my boyfriend wanted to leave the house and go to the bank and I had a meltdown.  My heart had been a little poundy for about 20 minutes previous to that and I chalked that up to the medication.  So, he stayed, meltdown subsided after about 20 minutes and I went to bed...

2 comments:

  1. I was so glad to have happened upon your post. I have a girlfriend that I dearly love, who is also beginning this same journey. I am not sure she would be so open and honest with her feelings as you. I love your style of writing and eagerly await your next post. I do hope your "Road Home" is an easy one.
    Godspeed Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bean,

    The reason I am here is very similar to you. We seem to share some experiences (Gastric issues as well as beginning Prozac). I used to comfortably carry a great amount on my shoulders, but this summer I have had some very eye-opening experiences. I look forward to reading more from you since I am also adapting to my new conditions.

    ReplyDelete